Sunday, April 12, 2009

Awards

As I said at the very beginning, picking “the best” barbecue restaurant is impossible. Barbecue is kind of like music in that almost everyone loves it, but everyone has a different opinion on which kind they like.

With that said, I humbly submit what I believe were the best places on the trip. But don’t just take my word for it. Travel to each place and decide for yourself.

Best Atmosphere:

1. Rendezvous (Memphis)
2. Louis Mueller (Taylor, TX)
3. Salt Lick (Austin, I know, it wasn’t on the tour, but it really is an awesome experience)

Best Brisket:

Louie Mueller (Taylor, TX)

Best Smoked Sausage:

Kreutz Market- Jalapeno Cheese Sausage (Lockhart, TX)

Best Pork Sandwich:

Interstate Bar-B-Q (Memphis, TN)

Best Pulled Pork:

Bar-B-Q Shop (Memphis, TN)

Best Ribs:

Bar-B-Q Shop (Memphis, TN)

Overall Grand Champion:

1. Bar-B-Q Shop (Memphis)
2. Louis Mueller (Taylor, TX)
3. Smiley’s (Lexington, NC)

No comments:

Post a Comment